Monday, May 2, 2011

The Odyssey Starts on 24 MAY 2011

Dear Friends and Family,

On May 24th, 2011, Nilufer and I will fly over to Tortola BVI, where RUYAM II awaits us. Devrim, our son, will follow us on May 27th, flying from Ottawa, and Ayse, our daughter, will arrive from Istanbul on May 28th.We will spend one week together before everyone runs back home. I plan to stay on board for another two months, mostly in BVI and St. Martin, to do some upgrades and to prepare Ruyam II for long duration blue-water cruising.

Ruyam II, a 38 ft Lagoon catamaran, will be our home for the next 5 years or so, and hopefully take us safely through the islands of the Eastern Caribbean, from BVI all the way to Trinidad ın the fırst year, giving us shelter and comfort at many exciting anchorages, harbours and marinas along the way.



Very soon I will  add more multimedia information and gadgets to this blog so you, our family and friends will be able to follow us and our odyssey closely.

So long for now!
Al Turak  (s/v RUYAM II)

14 comments:

  1. Dear Nil and Al,

    Amanda and I will follow your voyage will great interest and we wish you both the most amazing journey possible. Fair winds my friends!

    Steve Charbonneau s/v Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you and Nel have nice time for long years on RUYAM II Captain Al....

    EWG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Turaks go! And, have lots of fun.

    Kuyucaks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her şey gönlünüzce olsun, Pruvanız neta rüzgarınızda kolayına olsun, selametle...
    FEWzee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bizler de neredeyse sizler kadar mutluyuz!

    May you have fair winds and safe anchorages all throughout.

    Zeynep & Onder

    ReplyDelete
  6. iyi yolculuklar genç denizciler ...

    GUM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haydi bakalim Al&Nel Captains...Yolunuz acik olsun...


    EWG

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vaay Al Turakcim! Blog haa? Sana da bu yakisirdi dogrusu.

    Devami MOr'da!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all the comments and well wishes.
    We are very busy getting ready for the Odyssey. Most of it is making arrangements back here at home. I couldn't believe how many simple but tedious things you need to take care of. The cable co., the telephone co's, the internet, the banks, the car storage, the house, the condo co., etc. etc. well you get the idia.
    Will talk again soon! Thanks again everyone!
    Al Turak (s/v RUYAM II)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey captains!! Thank you for the cookbook and enjoy the rum!! (but only sparingly ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I mean we expect to read your Sailing Experiences on RUYAM II with great interest...Sorry for my bad English...Hesitate nerden cikti lan ? demeyin
    Al Captain...

    EWG

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Captains,
    I will follow your journey with great interest. Your adventure just started and I wish you good weather and good spirits in everything you do out there. It seems almost unreal that you are now on your boat and I have to go to work tomorrow! I am very happy for you that this adventure that sounded to me like a big dream when I've heard of it for the first time became reality! Congratulations! Give us your updates often and don't forget about photos and video clips. I am eager to see it all.
    Stay the course and watch the winds my Friends,
    Ted

    ReplyDelete